Our Green Policy
All of us here at Fairwater Head Hotel, like you know how important it is to reduce our impact on the environment. We are seeking to protect the environment by cost savings obtained from conserving energy, reducing water usage and minimising waste. We are aiming to improve our environmental performance through pollution prevention, staff awareness and continued improvement.
Our actions to lessen our impact on the environment are:
- Raising staff awareness and encouraging them to carry out more sustainable business practices.
- Recycling paper, newspapers, glass, cans and ink cartridges.
- Reducing our usage of paper by printing double sided.
- Operating a “switch off” policy for all office staff to turn off computer equipment when not in use.
- Conserve energy by switching off unnecessary lighting and close windows if the heating is on.
- We endeavour to use as many local suppliers as possible to reduce food miles.
- We have installed low energy LED light bulbs in 95% of the hotel.
- We re-use/replace towels on guest’s requests.
- By reducing our usage of harmful cleaning chemicals and replacing with eco-friendly products wherever possible.
- We provide information on local walks and public transport for our guests.
- Provide cycle hire along with details of local cycle routes.
- Promote the “reduce, re-use and recycle” ethos.
Fairwater Head Hotel Visitor Charter
Here at the Hotel we recognise that we have environmental responsibilities and are committed to working towards a sustainable future. Our policy is to recycle as much of the hotel waste as the local facilities allow. Our staff also separate bottles, cans and papers collected from the rooms and with the guest’s co-operation, towels are only changed on request. We thank you for all your cooperation to help us achieve all these goals.